Engagement sessions are a lot of fun, but getting there can be stressful. What to wear can be tricky, and you might have a few too many people trying to tell you what to do, what to stay away from, what colors work well, and to be honest, sometimes that’s where a lot of the stress comes from! Oh, and let’s not forget the mighty Pinterest with it’s many tips and tricks and style guides. I’m here to tell you to breathe, and know it’s going to be awesome.
More than just the style you choose for your photos, being comfortable and letting lose will make a huge difference in your photos. Hug a little tighter, whisper sweet things to each other, have FUN, and I promise, you’ll love your photos.
I promised tips, so here they are:
1. Choose a location that speaks to the style you are going for, or your own personal style. For example, if you’re a 100% city girl who loves to wear heels, having a session in the country might not be your best choice.
2. Wear those heels you absolutely love! Even if that means bringing a pair of flats for walking in between. Also, if you’re wearing multiple shoes, make sure they look different from each other so people can easily tell you’re wearing different shoes (aka: don’t just wear 3 pairs of black heels!).
3. You know that hair band you insist on keeping on your wrist? Girl, put it away! I’m very good about catching these details for my clients, but seriously, there’s nothing more annoying than a stunning photo, with a hair band to ruin it.
4. Plan on 2-3 outfits because, quite frankly, you might HATE one of them after you see it in photos. So if you have 2-3 options you are more likely to really like the way one of them looks. If you’re lucky, you’ll love all 3!
5. Don’t be too matchy matchy with your guy. The photos above are a perfect example of this.