Remember when I wrote THIS post about always being a photographer, never the bridesmaid? It was one of my most read posts, and sort of inspired me to keep writing articles to help my brides, and my readers in general, by sharing knowledge that comes from working in the wedding industry for over 10 years.
The more I write, the more questions I get. I am truly loving this new stage of sharing more and blogging more frequently!
One question I got a few weeks was: “What do you recommend for bridesmaids gifts?” I took the question to social media, and thought back to the weddings I’ve done, and came up with a list of 5 gifts any bridesmaid would LOVE, including myself if I ever get to be on the other side. In my opinion a great bridesmaid gift is one that will be used years after the wedding.
Gorgeous earrings by MN based company Goldfine Jewelry
Here’s the list:
- Robes: Silk, floral, monogrammed… Robes are an amazing gift, and will make all your girls look picture perfect while you get ready together. Etsy is one of my favorite places to find these. The best part? They can keep wearing it after the wedding and it will always remind them of the thoughtful bride!
- Jewelry: Big earrings, a beautiful pearl necklace, matching or non-matching jewelry to wear on the wedding day, and afterwards.
- Monogrammed Totes: Another favorite! A weekender tote they can throw all their things in and stay organized on the wedding day, as well as take to the beach, or weekend getaway afterwards. Making it monogramed just adds that extra, personal touch!
- Monogrammed Glassware: How cute to sip your mimosas on your own glass? I’ve been seeing this more on weddings and love the trend. Plus you can take it home and keep using it!
- Monogrammed jewelry box/pouch: Another popular answer I got on social media. One of the girls had received one and was still using it seven years later!
More responses I got were handmade gifts, J.Crew oversized button down (monogramed, obvi), makeup (from a bride who knew how to pick it!) and flip flops to wear while getting ready. So there! You can’t go wrong with any of these!