Let’s throw a PARTY!!! I feel like the older I get, the more parties I want to go to, and have at my house. Or maybe it’s because I’m obsessed with my little 1904 home and having people over makes my heart happy, but here are a 5 tips for hosting the perfect house party!
1. Make it Pretty: You know that set of China you have but never use because you feel you need to wait for something big? Well, take it out and use it! Bring out all your beautiful dishes and wow your guests!
2. Cook What You Know: A party is probably not the best time to try a new recipe. Cook something you’re familiar with so there are no surprises. Dishes that can be prepared ahead of time are the best!
3. Have at least one Vegetarian Option: Trust me, this is foreign to me as I’m 100% a meat eater, but be kind to your guests and have something that will please everyone. You might also want to ask if there are any dietary restrictions you should be aware of.
4. Set the Mood: Choose a nice playlist, maybe light a candle or diffuse oils, and make sure things are ready before people start arriving.
5. Introduce Your Guests: If your guests don’t all know each other, make sure to make introductions so people feel welcomed. Even better, if you know something they have in common, share it so they can have a starting point for a conversation!
I could go on and on… Parties are so fun!