The weather outside is a scary winter wonderland, and all I want to do is stay home and stay warm! But since this is the reality for a few months, I thought it would be better to think of some fun date ideas, other than just building a snow man, and so, the list of 5 Winter Date Ideas came to be! Cheers!
1. Go check out a Brewery: Wether you like beer or not, a brewery will be a fun date! I’m not a huge fan of beer, but the brewpubs around me are amazing! You can pick a night where there’s trivia and it will be twice the fun. Some breweries allow you to bring your puppy (Like Able Brewery in NE Minneapolis) which is seriously like having a playdate with multiple people and their dogs, AND, some breweries also have food trucks so you can grab a bite to eat as well. One of my favorite food trucks, “Potter’s Pasties,” will be at Able this Friday and the next!
2. Try Minnesota’s BEST Juicy Lucy: Crazy to think that this amazing burger was created right here in Minneapolis! A Juicy Lucy is a cheeseburger that has the cheese inside the patty, instead of on top. Matt’s Bar has my favorite JL in the State, and they actually call it Jucy Lucy (they also claim they invented the cheese in the middle thing). I like it with fried onions. There’s always a wait for Matt’s, but it’s worth it. I’ve also tried the JL at the 5-8 Club and Blue Door, and boy, it didn’t come even close to Matt’s! Another awesome option for a Juicy Lucy? The Nook, in St. Paul.
3. Home Cooked Dinner and a Movie: I personally love to cook with my boyfriend. One of my love languages is quality time, so cooking is the perfect activity to spend time together while making something delicious. Try a new recipe (Pinterest has some fabulous ones!), and for dessert you can try my Strawberry Nutella Crepe or Creme Brulee recipes, both easy and delicious! Then choose a nice movie to snuggle in and watch, or catch up on a favorite show together.
4. Go to the Theater: Get dressed up and go out to the city! I love the Guthrie in Minneapolis! Parking is easy, there’s a restaurant on site for drinks and appetizers, and the city view from the 9th floor (yellow room) is breathtaking! You can now also get dinner and show packages!
5. Embrace the COLD: Put on all your winter layers and embrace the cold together! Go on a short hike, make a snow angel AND a snow man, go ice skating at Centennial Lakes Park then warm up by the fire inside with a hot cup of cocoa or coffee.
Do you have any good winter date ideas for me? If so, please share, I would love to hear them: email@example.com.