Anybody else SUPER excited Summer is just around the corner? You all know about my obsession with macarons, but there’s also a love for ice cream on those hot Summer days, even on cold days sometimes. I thought I’d share some of the best places to get that cone, and my challenge to you, is to visit all of these this Summer. Bonus points if you send me a picture of you there! Extra bonus if you share what your favorite flavor is (mine are strawberry and salted caramel)!
1. Izzy’s: Home of the Izzy scoop, this shop is one of my favorites! You can usually find me at their Minneapolis location pretty often, getting a salted caramel, with a strawberry izzy (the izzy scoop is a little scoop of a different flavor, on top of your icecream) on top. There are also glutten free options.
2. Grand ole Creamery: Although the main location is in St. Paul, there’s one by my favorite burger place in Minneapolis (Matt’s Bar), and is a must stop for desert. Strawberry is my favorite flavor here, and I usually get the kids size, because it’s a pretty big one (not that that is a problem…).
3. Sebastian Joe’s: I fell in love with this one at the Uptown location. There’s nothing better than enjoying a nice ice cream, while walking around the Uptown area. There’s a cute shop right next door too. The salty caramel is my fave!
4. Nelson’s: Remember when ice cream used to be really cheap? Well, time didn’t pass at this awesome, little shop. Lots of delicious flavors too! Very dangerous combo if you ask me. This is a must stop on the way to Stillwater.
5. Cup N Cone: The newest one on my list. I went there around 6:30pm, and then around 9pm, both on a Friday, and the line was so long I couldn’t wait. So this is on MY list to try, as it was highly recommended by my clients! Location in White Bear Lake.
BONUS: Sonny’s on Lyndale!
Oh Summer, we can’t wait for you to get here…