Let’s be honest, I’m in an amazing relationship. The kind that makes me believe in fairy tales and happy endings. My Mr. Right has swept me off my feet! On March 1 we celebrated three years together, and so I was inspired to write another post on dates. If you missed the first one, it was 5 Winter Date Ideas! Since it’s been crazy warm in Minnesota, and all the snow has melted, I feel like it’s Spring!
5 Spring Date Ideas
1. Go Check Out Spoon and Stable: Mr. Right and I went there for a late Valentine’s Day celebration and I have to admit I was blown away. Reservations are a must, and I would even recommend calling about a month before you want to go. The menu is very unique. We tried the Mushroom Soup and Bison Tartare for starters (both very large dishes and meant to be shared in my opinion), and the Tamarind Glazed Pork Chop and Dorothy’s Pot Roast for our main dishes. It was to die for! For desert we ordered the Caramelized White Chocolate Pot de Creme, and wow, it was like eating a piece of heaven.
2. Eat the best Ice Cream in Minneapolis: Go to either Sebastian Joe’s or Izzy’s Ice Cream and be prepared to be blown away by their ice cream. I do think IC is something you can (should) eat year-round, but Spring means Summer is coming, and it sure makes me think of IC! My favorite flavors are strawberry and Salted Caramel.
3. Take a Walk Around Lake Calhoun: Or rent one of the bikes they have there and bike together! Lake Calhoun also has many restaurants near by, so when you’re done walking, go get a drink!
4. Go to the ZOO! I love walking around the Como ZOO once the weather gets nice. And eating dippin dots! The zoo is the perfect spot to walk hand-in-hand and talk about your favorite animals and childhood memories.
5. Go hiking/exploring: Minnesota is FULL of awesome trails and parks, go exploring together. Maybe pack some yummy snacks and a blanket, and make a full day of it!
add a comment